At JSK Testing Lab, we strive to serve our clients by offering our exceptional testing facility and a variety of capabilities to carry out physical testing of prototypes and products.
For Sound Absorption Measurements NRC and αw
Reverberation Chamber in accordance with:
- AS ISO 354-2006: Acoustics -- Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room.
For Transmission Loss Measurements of Building Elements STC and Rw
- ISO 15186-1-2000: Acoustics -- Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements using sound intensity -- Part 1: Laboratory measurements.
1. Full size sample aperture 2.4 m x 10 m
2. Small aperture 1.2 m x 2.4 m
For Sound Power Measurements of noise sources, such as machinery, plant and equipment
- ISO 3741:2010 Acoustics — Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure — Precision methods for reverberation test rooms
For Suspended Ceiling Tiles and Systems CAC
Ceiling Flanking Noise facility (CFN) in accordance with:
- ASTM E1414-11a: Standard Test Method for Airborne Sound Attenuation Between Rooms Sharing a Common Ceiling Plenum.
For Rain Fall Sound
Rain Noise in accordance with:
- ISO 10140-1:2016: Rainfall sound
- IANZ accreditation, to NZS ISO/IEC 17025:2005: General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
State of the art equipment and instrumentation.
Sound absorption and ceiling flanking noise measurements are made using an 8 channel National Instruments data acquisition system.
The data is then processed, and report created using an integrated data acquisition and processing software package.
This system forms the foundation of a reliable measurement and reporting procedure, conforming to the appropriate ISO standards and lab quality system.
Sound intensity measurements are made using a SINUS 2 channel Apollo, with a Microtech Gefell intensity probe. The measurement hardware then integrates with the Lab measurement processing software.